Sunday, June 14, 2009

Mother's Day Card


This is a mini card that I made previously for Mother's Day for my Mother-in-law. It was 3x3 in finished size and I used the Polka Dots & Paisley (ret.) stamp set and Petals & Paisley (ret.) designer series paper. I also used Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose cardstock; Tempting Turquoise, Regal Rose and Old Olive inks. I used the whisper white 1/4" grosgrain ribbon to tie it all up, it definitely wouldn't stay closed on it's own without the ribbon.

I included some extra pictures below to help show how it was made.


To make the card I cut a 3" x 9" piece of cs, scored it at 3" intervals and then on the end squares I scored it diagonally to create the turned out ends. I also used the hole punch tool in the Crafters Tool Kit to create the accent on the upper corner.














I must've CASED this from somewhere or someone. Maybe Stampin' Success because I know I didn't come up with this clever idea on my own.
Thanks for looking!

No comments: