Sunday, January 2, 2011

My First Quilt!!


ok So I haven't made too many new 'original" designs for cards this year. I have mostly CASED. Which is the case for my Christmas cards that I made this year. (so in my opinion not worth showing)
However...I made my first ever quilt for my niece, Ainsley. I tried to keep it simple and used Moda Fabrics, "Soiree", Charm packs. I love the colors in this line of fabrics. I was inspired after seeing it used often in a lot of quilting blogs such as Crazy Mom Quilts. I truly could not have done it without the help of my friend, Maria. She really was a blessing!


It's not real pretty close up, I stitched in the ditch for my quilt top, kinda. I hope to do better on my next quilt. After trying to quilt on my old 1960 model Kenmore and then using Maria's Bernina, I was quickly convinced I need a new machine. The difference was huge!

No comments: