Sunday, January 18, 2009

Vintage Aprons on AngryChicken


I have been quietly, secretly obsessing over vintage aprons for some time now. I purchased the new Stampin' Up! Momento Mall apron and was thrilled about it. Then for Christmas my brother and his fiance got me an apron. They also got one for my brother Sylvestre, as well. My brother is making a funny face in this picture, we threw them on quickly for the picture. We were making Christmas dinner. I used the apron alot that weekend too.
Then we made a carrot cake and we decided to make an impromptu apron for my niece. I had some cute fabric and simply cut it out in the shape of an apron. No sewing and tied it on. It worked perfect. I washed it and will finish sewing the edges so she can have her apron. We made the cake with our aprons on but never took a picture of it with our aprons on - oh well - no biggie.
But here's the cake. Those are marzipan carrots and cream cheese frosting. It was delicious!










So I found this website. Angry Chicken, Tie One On- All things aprony.

I have to go now and spend some time on it. The Rhode Island Red chicken caught my eye. I want to live on a farm and have chickens again and farm fresh eggs. Someday...

No comments: